Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive adds more control, traction, and confidence on the streets of Scottsdale. Available in many Mercedes-Benz models, this advanced all-wheel drive system provides the following perks:
- More grip during bad weather, including rain, sleet, or snow
- Preserves strong fuel economy
- Distributes power to the wheels that can use it best
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
The 4MATIC® All-Wheel system works in four different ways to enhance your driving ability in Mesa and beyond:
- Braking, acceleration, and steering all depend on the force sent to your car’s tires. By expanding the power distribution from the front or rear wheels to all four, it maximizes the force that can be sent to the road.
- When you’re headed into a corner, the outside wheels take a longer path than the inside ones. That causes them to rotate at different speeds. The 4MATIC® system monitors wheel spin and makes sure it’s running as it should.
- Loose dirt, patches of ice, and sudden rain can change a road surface quickly. Luckily, the 4MATIC® AWD system monitors conditions and adjusts brakes and engine output to match. It works with an electronic traction system to maintain control.
- In high performance driving situations, being able to send different amounts of torque to each wheel maximizes your handling. Luckily, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive does just that.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Can Be Equipped with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Browse Our 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Selection
Explore our inventory of new, used, and certified pre-owned models with all-wheel drive today to see which one works best for your needs. If you’d like to explore Mercedes-Benz features like BlueTEC®, DISTRONIC PLUS®, or PRESAFE® in person, schedule a test drive at our showroom near Fountain Hills — you can visit your favorite restaurants or golf courses in style in no time!
More From Mercedes-Benz of North Scottsdale
You know that the Mercedes-Benz Vans deliver seriously impressive capability, along with the features you’d expect to find in any luxurious Mercedes-Benz. Still, before you can be certain that you’re making the right choice for your business or non-profit, you’ll need to take an in-depth look at the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Dimensions! Today’s Sprinter is available…
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC dimensions make it easy to travel comfortably with up to five passengers, but how well does it measure up to rivals on paper? If you’ve been searching for a complete guide to the Mercedes-Benz GLC cargo space and passenger volume, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve broken down everything you…
The most exciting adventures start all start inside of a vehicle that feels just like home. With the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB features, you’ll have everything you need for daily errands, road trips, and weekend vacations alike! We want you to know exactly what to expect from the new Mercedes-Benz SUV’s interior, so don’t wait to…