2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Towing Capacity in Phoenix, AZ
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van towing capacity ranges from 5,000 pounds to 7,500 pounds, so review your options carefully before you try to hook up a trailer! So, how much can your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van tow? Here’s a general overview:
- The Sprinter Passenger Van can tow up to 5,000 pounds.
- The Sprinter Cab Chassis can handle up to 7,500 pounds in any configuration.
- The towing capacities for Sprinter Cargo Van and Sprinter Crew Van models will vary depending on your chosen configuration.
How Much Can a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Tow in Phoenix, AZ?
Ready to take a closer look? Any Sprinter Van from the 3500XD or 4500 line will be able to reach the upper limit of 7,500 pounds. Most other models will tap out at 5,000 pounds:
Sprinter Cargo Van Towing Capacity
- Cargo Van 1500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Cargo Van 2500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Cargo Van 3500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Cargo Van 3500XD – Up to 7,500 pounds
- Cargo Van 4500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
Sprinter Crew Van Towing Capacity
- Crew Van 2500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Crew Van 3500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Crew Van 3500XD – Up to 7,500 pounds
- Crew Van 4500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
Sprinter Passenger Van Towing Capacity in Phoenix, AZ
- Passenger Van 1500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Passenger Van 2500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
Sprinter Cab Chassis Towing Capacity
- Cab Chassis 3500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
- Cab Chassis 4500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
If you’ve been exploring your options, you might already realize that the 2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter towing capacities carry over more or less unchanged from model-year 2020.
Making Use of the Sprinter Towing Capacity
If your new Sprinter Van did not come pre-equipped with a trailer hitch and a tow bar, you can add these components to your build by placing an order with our parts department. If you’d like to have it installed in-store, all you need to do is schedule service.
Since precise capacities and limits will vary from configuration to configuration, you should always carefully review the information in your owner’s manual before hooking up a trailer. The total combined weight of your vehicle, passengers, cargo, and trailer must come in below your vehicle’s Gross Combined Weight Rating, which can also be found in your owner’s manual.
Since towing can take a toll on your vehicle, find out how to care for your model by reviewing the Sprinter Van maintenance schedule with our team.
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Payload Limits
Although you can certainly hook up a trailer when you need to move heavy cargo, your Sprinter has a large cargo area that can accommodate plenty of weight on its own. Although precise payload capacities will vary depending on your chosen configuration and its curb weight, the maximum payload limits for each Sprinter body style are as follows:
Sprinter Van Payload Capacity
- Sprinter Cargo Van – Up to 6,823 pounds
- Sprinter Crew Van – Up to 6,437 pounds
- Sprinter Passenger Van – Up to 3,494 pounds
- Sprinter Cab Chassis – Up to 7,484 pounds
Find Your New Sprinter at Mercedes-Benz of North Scottsdale!
The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is unlike any other commercial van on the road today! If you’re looking for a model that can help you take your Scottsdale or Mesa operations to the next level, contact our dealership today or find out how to shop and buy online.
More from Mercedes-Benz of North Scottsdale
Luxurious features, generous dimensions, and seating for up to seven passengers are just a few of the distinguishing characteristics of the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB interior. Although this Mercedes-Benz SUV is certainly compact, it’s anything but cramped or constraining. Once you’ve got a sense of what to expect from its cabin, we think you’ll agree…
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van towing capacity ranges from 5,000 pounds to 7,500 pounds, so review your options carefully before you try to hook up a trailer! So, how much can your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van tow? Here’s a general overview: The Sprinter Passenger Van can tow up to 5,000 pounds. The Sprinter Cab Chassis can…
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class interior is offering more than ever before, and everyone wants to know what to expect from the latest version of the brand’s unquestionably dominant flagship luxury sedan. We’ve broken down everything that our Scottsdale-area neighbors have been asking about, from the 2021 S-Class interior features to its impressive interior dimensions….