2020 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Towing Capacity in Phoenix, AZ
Absolutely. Your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van has been designed to help you or your business conquer just about any challenge, and the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van towing capacity reaches up to 7,500 pounds. However, if you plan on doing a significant amount of heavy towing, you’ll want to make sure that you choose the right model! That’s because some Sprinter models–including the Passenger Van–can tow up to 5,000 pounds, while others can tow much more.
2020 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Towing Capacity by Model in Phoenix, AZ
Sprinter Cargo Van and Sprinter Crew Van configurations start with a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds, but if you jump up to the 3500XD line or the 4500 line, you’ll have no trouble reaching the 7,500-pound limit. At the same time, Cab Chassis models are always capable of towing up to 7,500 pounds. On the other end, there’s the Sprinter Passenger Van, which can reach a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
Keep reading to get the towing capacity for your preferred Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van:
2020 Sprinter Cargo Van Towing Capacity in Phoenix, AZ
- Cargo Van 1500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Cargo Van 2500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Cargo Van 3500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Cargo Van 3500XD – Up to 7,500 pounds
- Cargo Van 4500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
2020 Sprinter Crew Van Towing Capacity in Phoenix, AZ
- Crew Van 2500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Crew Van 3500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Crew Van 3500XD – Up to 7,500 pounds
- Crew Van 4500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
2020 Sprinter Passenger Van Towing Capacity in Phoenix, AZ
- Passenger Van 1500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Passenger Van 2500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
2020 Sprinter Cab Chassis Towing Capacity in Phoenix, AZ
- Cab Chassis 3500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
- Cab Chassis 4500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
Check out our guide to the Sprinter Van Dimensions if you still need help choosing the perfect model.
Making Use of Your Sprinter Van Towing Capacity
Before you head out on the roads of Scottsdale or Mesa with a trailer in your rearview, make sure you’ve familiarized yourself with all of the relevant information. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Gross Combined Weight Rating: When you’re towing heavy cargo, you need to make sure that the total combined weight of your vehicle, cargo, and trailer–taken together–does not exceed your Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR). Since this can vary from model to model, you should carefully review the specs for your vehicle before hooking up a trailer.
- Payload Capacity: Likewise, payload capacity will vary from trim to trim, and from van to van. While models like the Sprinter Cab Chassis 4500 can handle a payload of up to 7,429 pounds, a Sprinter Crew Van with a diesel engine can only handle a payload of roughly 3,770 pounds. Opting for a different wheelbase or roof height will impact your payload rating, but it will most likely not impact your towing capacity.
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: The total combined weight of your vehicle and your cargo should never exceed your Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). Once more, this will vary from trim to trim.
- Review Your Owner’s Manual: Before you hook up a trailer, you should review all relevant towing information in your owner’s manual and familiarize yourself with your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter tow bar. If you have not yet equipped your vehicle with a trailer hitch, you can order one through our parts department. Just make sure it’s classed appropriately
Towing can be especially hard on your vehicle, so make sure that you’re keeping up with the recommended Sprinter Van maintenance schedule.
Take the Next Steps with Mercedes-Benz of North Scottsdale
Can a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van tow everything that your business requires? If you think the answer is yes, make an appointment to take the next steps with our team! We’re your Phoenix%%-area source for all things related to the latest Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.
More from Mercedes-Benz of North Scottsdale
What’s Inside the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB Interior?
Luxurious features, generous dimensions, and seating for up to seven passengers are just a few of the distinguishing characteristics of the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB interior. Although this Mercedes-Benz SUV is certainly compact, it’s anything but cramped or constraining. Once you’ve got a sense of what to expect from its cabin, we think you’ll agree…
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Towing Capacity in Phoenix, AZ
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van towing capacity ranges from 5,000 pounds to 7,500 pounds, so review your options carefully before you try to hook up a trailer! So, how much can your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van tow? Here’s a general overview: The Sprinter Passenger Van can tow up to 5,000 pounds. The Sprinter Cab Chassis can…
2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Interior
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class interior is offering more than ever before, and everyone wants to know what to expect from the latest version of the brand’s unquestionably dominant flagship luxury sedan. We’ve broken down everything that our Scottsdale-area neighbors have been asking about, from the 2021 S-Class interior features to its impressive interior dimensions….
0 comment(s) so far on 2020 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Towing Capacity in Phoenix, AZ