Can a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Tow?
Absolutely. Your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van has been designed to help you or your business conquer just about any challenge, and the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van towing capacity reaches up to 7,500 pounds. However, if you plan on doing a significant amount of heavy towing, you’ll want to make sure that you choose the right model! That’s because some Sprinter models–including the Passenger Van–can tow up to 5,000 pounds, while others can tow much more.
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Towing Capacity by Model
Sprinter Cargo Van and Sprinter Crew Van configurations start with a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds, but if you jump up to the 3500XD line or the 4500 line, you’ll have no trouble reaching the 7,500-pound limit. At the same time, Cab Chassis models are always capable of towing up to 7,500 pounds. On the other end, there’s the Sprinter Passenger Van, which can reach a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
Keep reading to get the towing capacity for your preferred Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van:
Sprinter Cargo Van Towing Capacity
- Cargo Van 1500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Cargo Van 2500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Cargo Van 3500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Cargo Van 3500XD – Up to 7,500 pounds
- Cargo Van 4500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
Sprinter Crew Van Towing Capacity
- Crew Van 2500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Crew Van 3500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Crew Van 3500XD – Up to 7,500 pounds
- Crew Van 4500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
Sprinter Passenger Van Towing Capacity
- Passenger Van 1500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
- Passenger Van 2500 – Up to 5,000 pounds
Sprinter Cab Chassis Towing Capacity
- Cab Chassis 3500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
- Cab Chassis 4500 – Up to 7,500 pounds
Check out our guide to the Sprinter Van Dimensions if you still need help choosing the perfect model.
Making Use of Your Sprinter Van Towing Capacity
Before you head out on the roads of Scottsdale or Mesa with a trailer in your rearview, make sure you’ve familiarized yourself with all of the relevant information. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Gross Combined Weight Rating: When you’re towing heavy cargo, you need to make sure that the total combined weight of your vehicle, cargo, and trailer–taken together–does not exceed your Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR). Since this can vary from model to model, you should carefully review the specs for your vehicle before hooking up a trailer.
- Payload Capacity: Likewise, payload capacity will vary from trim to trim, and from van to van. While models like the Sprinter Cab Chassis 4500 can handle a payload of up to 7,429 pounds, a Sprinter Crew Van with a diesel engine can only handle a payload of roughly 3,770 pounds. Opting for a different wheelbase or roof height will impact your payload rating, but it will most likely not impact your towing capacity.
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: The total combined weight of your vehicle and your cargo should never exceed your Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). Once more, this will vary from trim to trim.
- Review Your Owner’s Manual: Before you hook up a trailer, you should review all relevant towing information in your owner’s manual and familiarize yourself with your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter tow bar. If you have not yet equipped your vehicle with a trailer hitch, you can order one through our parts department. Just make sure it’s classed appropriately
Towing can be especially hard on your vehicle, so make sure that you’re keeping up with the recommended Sprinter Van maintenance schedule.
Take the Next Steps with Mercedes-Benz of North Scottsdale
Can a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van tow everything that your business requires? If you think the answer is yes, make an appointment to take the next steps with our team! We’re your Phoenix%%-area source for all things related to the latest Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.
More from Mercedes-Benz of North Scottsdale
Absolutely. Your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van has been designed to help you or your business conquer just about any challenge, and the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van towing capacity reaches up to 7,500 pounds. However, if you plan on doing a significant amount of heavy towing, you’ll want to make sure that you choose the right model! That’s…
If you’re looking for spacious seating and ample cargo room in your next SUV, the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC is an excellent choice. This family-friendly vehicle has the features and functionality you need every day in Scottsdale — from power folding rear seats to programmable side mirrors. Read on to explore the Mercedes-Benz GLC dimensions in…
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 SUV price starts at $43,200* MSRP, but you’ll have two distinct body styles and a wide range of trim levels to consider. Both the SUV and the Coupe lineups offer plenty of luxurious features and unique, eye-catching style, and both offer high-end AMG® configurations. We’ve covered the basic features and…