If you’re comparing the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB vs. GLE, you’re bound to have several questions on your mind. Before you dive into our in-depth comparison, it’s a good idea to get familiar with the basics:
- The GLE has a higher starting price than the GLB, but the former offers more standard features and comes with a stronger base engine.
- The GLE offers more trim levels and engine options than the GLB.
- The compact GLB and the midsize GLE both seat five as standard, and both models offer an optional third row.
- Compared to the GLB, the GLE offers more cargo space and more second-row legroom.
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB is an excellent accessible compact SUV, and its optional third row is bound to appeal to many Scottsdale-area families. However, if you’re looking for more power, more features, or more generous dimensions, the GLE is a very compelling alternative.
Pricing and Trim Levels: GLB vs. GLE
You can purchase an AMG® Mercedes-Benz GLB for less than the base cost of the Mercedes-Benz GLE. That’s certainly a tempting prospect, but it won’t be the best option for everyone. Here’s a closer look at all of your options:
Mercedes-Benz GLB Pricing
- 2021 GLB 250 SUV – $38,050 MSRP*
- 2021 GLB 250 4MATIC® SUV – $40,050 MSRP*
- 2021 AMG® GLB 35 SUV – $49,500 MSRP*
Mercedes-Benz GLE Pricing
- 2021 GLE 350 SUV – $54,750 MSRP*
- 2021 GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV – $57,250 MSRP*
- 2021 GLE 450 4MATIC® SUV – $62,500 MSRP*
- 2021 GLE 580 4MATIC® SUV – $78,900 MSRP*
- 2021 AMG® GLE 53 4MATIC®+ SUV – $72,350 MSRP*
- 2021 AMG® GLE 63 4MATIC®+ SUV – $113,950 MSRP*
For some Fountain Hills and Mesa drivers, investing in the GLE could be a very smart decision. Its standard touchscreen display is larger than any touchscreen available in the GLB, and in upper-level trims, the GLE offers many features that aren’t available in the GLB at all. Plus, choosing a model with generous interior dimensions is often its own reward.
Looking for something in between these two models? Continue your research by comparing the Mercedes-Benz GLC vs. GLE.
Engine Options & Performance: GLB vs. GLE
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB is available with two engines:
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo – 221 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque
- AMG®-enhanced 2.0L inline-4 turbo – 302 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
The Mercedes-Benz GLE is offered with a much larger array of engine and powertrain options:
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo – 255 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque
- 3.0L inline-6 turbo with EQ Boost – 362 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque
- AMG®-enhanced 3.0L inline-6 turbo with EQ Boost – 429 hp and 384 lb-ft of torque
- 4.0L V8 biturbo with EQ Boost – 483 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque
- Handcrafted AMG® 4.0L V8 biturbo with EQ Boost – 603 hp and 627 lb-ft of torque
If it’s power you’re after, you can’t go wrong with the GLE. This midsize SUV can even tow up to 7,700 pounds of cargo. The GLB isn’t rated to tow heavy cargo, but the power it offers will be more than sufficient for many potential buyers.
Dimensions & Capability: GLB vs. GLE
The GLE is a midsize SUV, while the GLB is a compact SUV. Although the GLB interior and the GLE interior seat the same amount of passengers, the GLE provides more room for your passengers and cargo:
- Seats 5 to 7 passengers
- Legroom of 41.1 inches (1st) and 38.1 inches (2nd)
- 22.0 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row
- 62.0 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats flat
- Seats 5 to 7 passengers
- Legroom of 40.3 inches (1st) and 40.9 inches (2nd)
- 33.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row
- 74.9 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats flat
Continue Your Mercedes-Benz GLB vs. GLE Comparison with Us!
Our 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB vs. GLE comparison should help you come to grips with all of the most important factors in your decision. No matter which way you’re leaning, take advantage of our SUV lease specials and find out how to shop and buy online!
*Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Options, model availability and actual dealer price may vary. See dealer for details, costs and terms.